How to Apply
The Certificate in Infant & Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation is a selective program with a competitive admissions process. For each cohort, an application review committee offers admission to a select and diverse group of students to enrich the classroom experience. A completed application will include the following documents:
- Completed application form
- Statement of Purpose
In order to ensure a baseline of knowledge and experience of professional learners in the cohort, applicants should have the following prerequisites:
- A minimum of a master’s degree in a mental health field (e.g., psychology, counseling, social work) OR
- Enrolled in a mental health field graduate program
- Mental health licensed or license-eligible (e.g., enrolled in graduate program with prior clinical experience)
- At least two years of supervised clinical experience (during mental health graduate training or post-graduate)
- Currently working in mental health or related field.
Please review the refund policies in our Student Handbook before completing your registration.
You must hold a bachelor's degree or the equivalent in order to enroll in our certificate programs. For each cohort, an application review committee offers admission to a diverse group of students to enrich the classroom experience.
Tips for the Online Application
- Our online application securely stores your information and saves your progress so you can update and complete your information at your convenience
- Click the “SAVE” button at each stage of the application process to ensure that your work and documents are uploaded
International students who enter the U.S. on a valid visa are eligible to enroll in certificate courses. However, Georgetown University cannot sponsor student visas for noncredit professional certificate programs.
A TOEFL examination is not required for non-native speakers of English but students are expected to read, write, and comprehend English at the graduate level to fully participate in and gain from the program.
Students from most countries may register for our online certificate programs, however, due to international laws, residents of certain countries are prohibited from registering.