To earn an Online Master's in Public Relations & Corporate Communications, you must successfully complete 10 courses (30 credits total), including:
- 2 core courses (6 credits total):
- Conversations in Ethics
- 3 foundation courses (9 credits total):
- Elements of Communications Planning
- Public Relations Writing
- Communications Research
- 5 elective courses (15 credits total):
- For a current list of electives, visit the Course Schedule page.
The Public Relations & Corporate Communications program is available in both an online format and an on-campus format. You can opt to take classes online, on campus, or through a combination of both.
- On-Campus Format: In the on-campus format, classes are held at the same times every week at our downtown D.C. campus.
- Online Format: The online master’s has the same curriculum as the on-campus format and offers access to all of the same University resources. In this format, you’ll be able to watch lectures and complete assignments on your own schedule.
You’ll have the flexibility to earn your degree at a pace that suits your schedule:
- Full-time students typically take 9 credits (3 courses) during the fall and spring semesters.
- Part-time students typically take 3 to 6 credits (1 to 2 courses) during the fall and spring semesters.
- Although students are not required to take credits during the summer semester, they have the option of registering for one or more courses in order to continue their degree progress year-round.
Connecting with the Industry
Throughout your time in the program, you'll have ample opportunities to work with real-world clients from corporations, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations. Capstone projects, coursework, and other client engagements provide you with hands-on experience while helping you build a professional network of leading communications experts.
Our students have worked with:
- American Red Cross
- Amnesty International
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Washington
- Center for Nonprofit Leadership
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation
- College Bound
- Gallaudet University
- Global Action for Children
- Kennedy Center Arts Edge
- Leadership Greater Washington
- Life Pieces to Masterpieces
- Lombardi Cancer Center
- National Crime Prevention Council
- Stellar Winery
- The Global Compact
- The Good Samaritan Foundation
- UN Global Compact
- Washington Humane Society
In addition to client work, you'll gain exposure to industry leaders in the classroom through exclusive guest speakers.
All programs offered by Georgetown University are accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.