Online Master's in Public Relations & Corporate Communications
To earn an Online Master's in Public Relations & Corporate Communications, you must successfully complete 10 courses (30 credits total), including:
- 2 core courses (6 credits total):
- PR Ethics: Integrity & Care
- 3 foundation courses (9 credits total):
- Elements of Communications Planning
- Public Relations Writing
- Research Methods in PR
- 5 elective courses (15 credits total):
- For a current list of electives, visit the Course Schedule page.
The Public Relations & Corporate Communications program is available in both an online format and an on-campus format. You can opt to take classes online, on campus, or a combination of both.
- On-Campus: In the on-campus format, classes are held at the same times every week at our downtown D.C. campus.
- Online: The online master’s has the same curriculum as the on-campus format and offers access to all of the same University resources. In this format, you’ll be able to watch lectures and complete assignments on your own schedule.
You’ll have the flexibility to earn your degree at a pace that suits your schedule:
- Full-time students typically take 9 credits (3 courses) during the fall and spring semesters.
- Part-time students typically take 3 to 6 credits (1 to 2 courses) during the fall and spring semesters.
- Although students are not required to take credits during the summer semester, they have the option of registering for one or more courses in order to continue their degree progress year-round.
Connecting with the Industry
Throughout your time in the program, you'll have ample opportunities to work with real-world clients from corporations, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations. Capstone projects, coursework, and other client engagements provide you with hands-on experience while helping you build a professional network of leading communications experts.
Our students have worked with:
- American Red Cross
- Amnesty International
- Boston Cares
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Washington
- Center for Nonprofit Leadership
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation
- Clear Sports
- Dolby Laboratories
- The Good Samaritan Foundation
- The Kennedy Center
- Leadership Greater Washington
- Lombardi Cancer Center
- Major League Baseball
- Mount Washington Observatory
- National Crime Prevention Council
- National Legal Aid
- Parkinson Foundation of the National Capital Area
- UN Global Compact
- U.S. Coast Guard
- Visit California
- Voto Latino
- Washington Humane Society
- The World Bank
PRNEWS Education A-List Winner
The Master's in Public Relations & Corporate Communications program is the proud winner of the PRNEWS Education A-List three years in a row. Education A-List recognizes the best institutions of higher education for career advancement in PR and marketing communications. Members of PRNEWS’s editorial staff consider factors such as a program's curriculum, diversity, faculty composition, academic awards, and capstone course.
All programs offered by Georgetown University are accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.