Number of Credits
Online Master's in Sports Industry Management
Enhance Your Career with Insider Knowledge
In Georgetown University's Online Master of Professional Studies in Sports Industry Management degree program you will study with an unrivaled faculty of professionals who are currently leaders in organizations throughout the sports industry, including the U.S. Olympic Committee, the Washington Nationals, Monumental Sports & Entertainment, Octagon, and the NFL Players Association.
The online Master's in Sports Industry Management program emphasizes career mentoring and networking opportunities. You’ll graduate with the knowledge, inspiration, insight, connections, and experience needed to have a leg up for career-advancement in the sports industry.
- Number of Credits: 30 credits
Number of Credits
- Format: On-campus & online
On-campus & online
- Total Tuition: $47,190*
- Enrollment: Full-time or part-time
Full-time or part-time
- Time to Complete: 2–5 years
Time to Complete
- Semester of Entry: Fall, spring, summer
Semester of Entry
Fall, spring, summer
Applied Sports Management Curriculum
The robust curriculum delivers a balanced and practical understanding of both the theories and practices shaping today's global sports business. Students develop a firm foundation through required courses and choose from a variety of electives that will sharpen their knowledge with an insider perspective of critical industry topics:
- Ethics and leadership
- Global sports business acumen
- Strategic planning and management
- Sports marketing and media
- Project management and implementation
- Industry trends
Georgetown's online Sports Industry Management master's degree consists of 30 total credit hours and can be completed in two years while studying part-time, but you may take up to five years to complete the program.
- Applied Ethics in Sports
- Sports Leadership and Management
- Social Responsibility and Globalization in Sports
- Strategic Sports Marketing
- Sports Business and Finance
Elective Course Options (choose 4):
- Sports Communications and Public Relations
- Sports Sales, Sponsorship, and Revenue Development
- Sports Digital Media and Consumer Engagement
- Sports Law, Contracts, and Negotiations
- Sports Event Planning and Facility Management
- Sports Economics and Global Brand Management
- The Business of Global Sporting Events
- Sports Business Analytics
At the end of the program, students will complete a capstone project under the guidance of a sports industry professional and the program faculty. This project will help students jump-start their sports management careers after graduation. And because Georgetown allows students to earn a master's degree online, students can prepare for a career in sports whenever and wherever it is convenient.
Learn more about each course in this program.
Careers in Sports Industry Management
This degree prepares students for a range of high-level opportunities in a diverse and exciting field, including positions within:
- Professional franchises
- Collegiate athletics
- Events management and facility operations
- Sports agencies and organizations
- Nonprofit and government organizations
Learn more about the career opportunities that are available within the sports management industry. Or you can call us toll-free at (855) 725-7622 to speak with a representative from our top-rated sports management program.
*Tuition rates for each term are published annually, typically in February. Total tuition listed here reflects Fall semester of entry.