Georgetown University's School of Continuing Studies does not require GRE or GMAT test scores for admission to our master's degree programs.
Completed Online Application
Our application is conveniently located online for you to complete at your own pace. There is a $50, non-refundable fee.
Resume or CV
Your resume or CV should be no longer than two pages.
Statement of Purpose
Write an essay explaining why you are interested in pursuing this specific master's degree and why you are a strong candidate for the program. Your response should be three pages, typed, and double-spaced. Please address the following questions in your response:
- What are the specific academic and professional qualities you possess that could help you excel within this program?
- What goals do you hope to achieve if you are accepted into this program?
Two Letters of Recommendation
Through the online application portal, you will be prompted to provide the contact information for two recommenders. They will then receive an electronic request with instructions for submitting a recommendation through the application portal. The email will be sent immediately upon saving your application.
- Recommendations should be completed by supervisors who can attest to your professional abilities.
- Recommendations from former professors are acceptable for applicants with limited professional experience.
- Recommenders can submit their letters before you submit your application.
Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions
Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions in the United States, where credit has been earned, should be mailed to the Georgetown SCS Admissions Office. Transcripts should either be sent in an envelope sealed by the school's registrar, or via an official online transcript provider to email@example.com.
Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies
Attn: Admissions Office
640 Massachusetts Ave NW
Washington, DC 20001
If your transcript is sent to another school at Georgetown University by mistake, you will need to reorder the transcript and have it sent to the School of Continuing Studies. Transcripts sent to another school cannot be retrieved.
- If you have already completed your bachelor's degree, your transcript must state your degree and degree conferral date to be considered official.
- If you are currently completing an undergraduate degree, you are only eligible to apply for the fall term. Your degree must be conferred by July in order for you to be granted full admission status.
- All U.S. institutions must be accredited through one of the bodies officially recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions outside of the United States, where credit has been earned, should be evaluated by WES or ECE. Applicants should request the course-by-course evaluation. It is not necessary to send additional copies of your official transcripts.
Applicants must demonstrate that they have successfully completed a degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree before they may be considered for admission to a master's program. Please be advised Georgetown SCS will not review graduate applications while a bachelor's degree is in progress at a higher education institution outside the U.S. Applicants applying to a master's program should complete the degree before obtaining a WES or ECE evaluation. For application consideration for the fall term, we must receive a WES or ECE evaluation showing degree conferral by May 1.
Graduate coursework at Georgetown University is reading- and writing-intensive and requires proficiency in written and spoken English.
All applicants, regardless of citizenship, whose first language is not English are required to complete one of the following English proficiency examinations:
- TOEFL: Minimum score of 100 (iBT), 600 (paper-based test), or 250 (computer-based test)
- IELTS: Minimum score of 7.0
Students should plan well in advance to complete the necessary tests and allow time for the Georgetown SCS Office of Admissions (institution code 5986) to receive the results.
There are additional requirements for international applicants.