The Career Impact of a Georgetown Master's in Real Estate
Prepare to compete for top positions in real estate and related financial, construction, and sustainability careers with new skills in market analysis, creating profitable investment opportunities, and the application of investment strategy, real estate law, and real estate financing and development principles.
As a graduate of Georgetown's Master's in Real Estate program, you'll be expertly prepared with a highly coveted skill set for the highest-paying and most in-demand positions in the industry.
Beyond the excellent academic experience, where I have enhanced my professional skills, Georgetown has helped me meet my career goals with the resources that accompany the program, such as the mentorship program and networking with professors and classmates where conversations give rise to new projects — Anamargarita Baasch, Co-Founder, Architect, and Project Manager at Baasch Guardia y Asociados C.A.
Leverage Your Degree in a Challenging Market
Regardless of incredible challenges and disruptions our industry may face, the Master’s in Real Estate program continues to leverage partnerships with top companies looking for full-time employment or internships.
Real estate careers remain lucrative and stable for educated professionals.
- 45.8% of real estate professionals said their compensation increased in 2020
- 59% of real estate professionals believe their compensation will increase in 2021
- 80% of real estate professionals stated COVID-19 did not impact their employment status1
Sample Compensation and Opportunities
Senior Real Estate Analyst
Research geographic markets, gather information regarding taxes and growth, and project the future outlook of markets. Provide financial analysis to support the financing, acquisition, and marketing of properties.
Real Estate Developer
Buy land and orchestrate development projects from ideation to completion. Keep an eye on various markets and finance real estate deals through raising funds or making investments.
Real Estate Investment Banker
$125,000/year with significant bonuses4
Analyze real estate portfolios, prepare financial models, market reports, presentations and research, identify valuable real estate prospects, and manage all due diligence processes.
Real Estate Portfolio Manager
Focus on how to maximize a property's value for investments. Manage a client’s investment portfolio through diversification and make decisions that mitigate risk, ensure against depreciation, and help their investments grow.
Construction Project Manager
Oversee the organization, scheduling, budgeting and implementation of a construction project. Direct personnel and own responsibility for carrying out plans on time and within budget.
The online real estate degree program at Georgetown prepares students for a range of challenging real estate careers, including:
- Real estate manager
- Site acquisition manager
- Director of property management
- Senior real estate analyst
- Senior consultant
- Real estate project manager
- Development associate
- Real estate entrepreneur
Our online students receive the same support that on-campus students experience. When you enroll at Georgetown SCS, you will gain access to our network of faculty and advisors, as well as exclusive events. You are welcome to visit Georgetown SCS's downtown D.C. campus and participate in speaker panels, networking opportunities, professional development workshops, and social activities. Events like these are often available for online students via livestream, as well.
In addition, you can take advantage of our many options for career support. As a Georgetown student or graduate, you have access to the following:
- Our internship and jobs database
- Resume and cover letter writing assistance
- Interview resources and preparation
- Extensive alumni networking opportunities
- SelectLeaders (February 2021). I2021 SelectLeaders Network Hiring Trends Survey Results. Retrieved April 26, 2021 from https://www.selectleaders.com/resources/2021-selectleaders-network-hiring-trends-survey-results/.
- Glassdoor (April 2021). Senior Real Estate Analyst Salaries. Retrieved April 26, 2021 from https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/senior-real-estate-analyst-salary-SRCH_KO0,26.htm.
- Glassdoor (April 2021). Real Estate Developer Salaries. Retrieved April 26, 2021 from https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/real-estate-developer-salary-SRCH_KO0,21.htm.
- Curtis, Patrick (ed.) (n.d.) WallStreet Oasis. Investment Banker Salary & Compensation, Average Bonus In Banking. Retrieved January 5, 2021 from https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/salary/investment-banking-compensation.
- Glassdoor (January 2021). Real Estate Portfolio Manager Salaries. Retrieved January 5, 2021 from https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/real-estate-portfolio-manager-salary-SRCH_KO0,29.htm.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Construction Managers. Retrieved January 5, 2021 from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/construction-managers.htm.
Sources: Burning Glass Labor/Insight, SelectLeaders