Number of Credits
Online Master's in Real Estate
Become a Leader in the Real Estate Industry
Gain the skills that lead to success in Georgetown University's Online Master of Professional Studies in Real Estate program.
Learn from distinguished professionals how to ethically manage multiple facets of the industry including development, finance, sustainability, construction, and management. Explore a curriculum full of real-world coursework as you learn alongside top real estate professionals throughout the world.
Our faculty members are incredibly accessible. Convenient online office hours and small class sizes of 18–20 students allow important one-on-one time with instructors.
By graduation, you'll demonstrate a dynamic combination of industry knowledge, leadership skills, and a commitment to real estate ethics. And, all coursework is asynchronous, meaning the online Master's in Real Estate program can be completed when and where it is convenient for you.
- Number of Credits: 33 credits
Number of Credits
- Format: On-campus & online
On-campus & online
- Total Tuition: $51,909*
- Enrollment: Full-time or part-time
Full-time or part-time
- Time to Complete: 2–5 years
Time to Complete
- Semester of Entry: Fall, spring, summer
Semester of Entry
Fall, spring, summer
Gain Industry Connections and Career-Ready Skills
Unlike MBA programs, our master's degree focuses exclusively on real estate and related markets. Our program uses case studies so the material you learn is applicable to real-world situations. And throughout the program, you'll focus on global trends and topics, so you'll be prepared to do business worldwide.
As the largest real estate program in the D.C. area, and one of the top programs in the U.S., our online real estate master's degree provides access to a broad network of partner organizations and facilitates opportunities for mentoring, internships, and additional resources among our students and alumni to help you build connections and pursue a rewarding career.
You can also:
- Partake in events. You are always welcome to visit Georgetown SCS's downtown D.C. campus and participate in events such as speaker panels, networking opportunities, professional development workshops, and social activities. Events like these are often available for online students via livestream.
- Connect with a powerful network. A diverse and varied community of more than 1,000 alumni are active in their professions, engaged with their communities, and look forward to connecting with you as an alumnus.
- Attend campus classes. All Master’s in Real Estate students, whether on campus or online, can register for any course in the program.
This two-year program consists of 33 credit hours and can be taken part-time or full-time. You’ll choose electives to suit your interests and career goals. If needed, you may take up to five years to complete the program. Courses include:
- Ethics in Action
- Real Estate Fundamentals
- Foundations of Real Estate Finance
- Foundations of Real Estate Law
- Foundations of Real Estate Markets
- Foundations of Real Estate Accounting
- Development and Construction Project Management
- Impact of Globalization on Real Estate
- Structured Finance
- Multi-Family and Affordable Housing
- Real Estate Portfolio Management
- Sustainable Development and Construction
- Capstone Course
Learn more about the comprehensive Master's in Real Estate curriculum.
Georgetown University has a long-standing tradition of developing top professionals and field-leading experts. Graduates of the online Master's in Real Estate program will be prepared for real estate career opportunities including:
- Real estate developer
- Corporate real estate manager
- Commercial real estate lender
- Investment fund manager
- Site acquisition manager
- Lease administrator
- Director of property management
- Senior consultant
- Construction project manager
- Real estate entrepreneur
- Community developer
Learn more about the various career paths for real estate graduates.
*Tuition rates for each term are published annually, typically in February. Total tuition listed here reflects Fall semester of entry.