Tuition & Funding
Tuition for each course is $1,650. Total tuition for 3 courses is $4,950. Most course materials are included.
Special Discount for Franchise Management Certificate**
Students who register for all three classes at once will receive a 10% tuition discount.
Other Funding Options
Noncredit professional certificates do not qualify for federal financial aid, scholarships, grants, or needs-based aid. However, several finance and funding options do exist.
Employer Education and Training Budgets
Some employers offer funding for employee education or professional development. If an employer guarantees payment for employee education and training, Georgetown will accept an Intent to Pay form. If you are using employer sponsorship or training authorizations, you must submit an Intent to Pay form with your registration.
If your employer will pay for your tuition, select “Third-Party Billing” as your method of payment when you register for courses online. Please submit an Intent to Pay form indicating that your employer or another third party should be billed for tuition. Invoices will not be generated without this form on file.
Federal Agency Training Funds*
- According to the Federal Employees Almanac 2014, federal agencies may:
- Pay training and education expenses from appropriated funds or other available funds for training needed to support program functions
- Reimburse employees for all or part of the costs of training or education
- Share training and education costs with employees
- Pay travel expenses for employees assigned to training
- Adjust an employee's normal work schedule for educational purposes not related to official duties
Georgetown accepts Standard Form-182 (SF-182) for training authorizations from the federal government.
*Federal employees should ask the appropriate budget officer about training budgets available.
Georgetown Employee TAP Benefits
Eligible Georgetown employees may use their Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) benefits to fund certificate program tuition. Employees using TAP benefits must work directly with the TAP Benefits Office to ensure payment prior to the start of any course. This payment option is only valid if registration occurs at least 7–10 business days prior to the start date of the first course. Any fees incurred due to course withdrawal are the student's responsibility and may not be funded by Georgetown University TAP. For questions regarding TAP benefits, please contact the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits at email@example.com or (202) 687-2500.
GoArmyEd.com for Active Duty, National Guard, Army Reserve Soldiers, and Army Civilians
SCS is registered with GoArmyEd.com to accept SF-182 training authorization forms. GoArmyEd.com is the virtual gateway for all eligible active duty, National Guard, and Army Reserve soldiers to request Tuition Assistance (TA) online. GoArmyEd.com is also the virtual gateway for Army Civilians to apply for their Civilian education, training, and leadership development events.
Interest-Free Payment Plans
SCS offers interest-free payment plans for certificate programs and course registrations totaling $4,000 or more. With the interest-free payment plan, the tuition payment is typically divided into four monthly payments, with the first payment (down payment) due at the time of registration.
To enroll in our interest-free payment plan, select “Payment Plan” as your payment method during registration. You will be prompted to enter your credit card information to make the first payment. To be eligible for our interest-free payment plan, you must register for a minimum dollar value of $4,000.
Military Benefits/GI Bill®
A number of tuition benefits are available through the Department of Veterans Affairs and under various parts of the GI Bill. Please visit the Resources for Military Students page for additional information and instructions.
Private Education Loans
Some students choose to finance certificate programs with private education loans. Students are responsible for contacting lenders directly to find out if a noncredit professional certificate program is eligible for a loan. While Georgetown University will not recommend specific lenders, it will certify loans for eligible programs from approved lenders.
For eligible noncredit professional certificate programs, Georgetown University will certify loan amounts up to the full cost of tuition for the program. Tuition does not cover books, travel, or living expenses. Please see individual program pages for tuition rates.
Georgetown University has a unique campus code for Sallie Mae. Our Sallie Mae branch code is 001445-99.
You must be approved for a loan before registering for courses. Follow these steps to pursue a loan option:
- Check the list of lenders that have offered private education loans in the past to Georgetown University students.
- Contact the lender and confirm your program is eligible for a private education loan.
- Obtain the necessary paperwork and apply for the loan.
- Georgetown will certify loan amounts based on the information below. Please note that our branch code is 001445-99.
- If approved, register for courses:
- Payment sent to Georgetown: Select “Third-Party Payment” at the time of registration if the lender is sending funds directly to Georgetown.
- Enter the information about the lender and then contact Student Accounts at CCPEStudentAccounts@georgetown.edu.
Note: It is your responsibility to contact Georgetown University Student Accounts at CCPEStudentAccounts@georgetown.edu to ensure that your loan is processed.
Registering for Courses Over Time
While you may choose to complete your certificate program in one semester, many programs (but not all) allow up to two years to complete all requirements. As a result, you may choose to register for required and elective courses over several semesters to spread out the cost of tuition over time. We generally offer every course in a program each semester, so you'll have many opportunities to enroll in required and elective courses within the two-year time frame.
Georgetown offers the following tuition discounts on select programs and courses:
- AMADC: Members of the American Marketing Association D.C. Chapter receive a 10% tuition discount on marketing programs and courses
- Boeing: Employees of Boeing receive a 10% tuition discount on select programs and courses
- EdAssist: Employees of companies that belong to the EdAssist education network may receive a 10% tuition discount on select programs and courses (contact EdAssist directly to find out if you qualify)
- Georgetown Alumni: Georgetown alumni, including undergraduates, graduate students, and certificate recipients, receive a 10% tuition discount on select programs and courses
- Groups: If three or more employees from an organization register for the same course or courses at the same time, they will receive a 10% tuition discount
- OPM Federal Scholarship Alliance: Eligible federal employees across the country receive a 10% scholarship applied to the current tuition rate for all SCS degree programs and professional certificate programs each academic semester
**Only one tuition discount may be applied at the time of registration. Tuition discounts cannot be combined. Tuition discounts are not applied retroactively.