To earn an MPS in Design Management & Communications, you must successfully complete 11 courses (33 credits total), including:
- 2 core courses (6 credits total):
- Ethical Design
- 4 foundation courses (12 credits total):
- Visual Communications
- Design Management & Strategy
- Design Thinking
- Design Leaderships
- 5 elective courses (15 credits total):
- For a current list of electives, visit the Courses page.
All core and/or foundation courses—aside from Capstone, which you will take during your final semester of the program—must be completed before you can take elective courses.
You’ll have the flexibility to earn your degree at a pace that suits your schedule—you can take up to 9 credits per semester and have up to five years to complete the degree.
- Full-time students typically take three courses during the fall and spring semesters, and two courses during the summer semester.
- Part-time students typically take one to two courses during the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
The Design Management & Communications program is offered in an online format. You’ll complete your studies through a blend of online lectures, group discussions, and applied coursework.