Current & aspiring social impact professionals
Social Impact Branding
Building a social impact brand for a nonprofit organization, socially responsible business, government entity, or other organizational type can be far more challenging than creating a traditional brand because of its unique goal of strengthening society for the better. While a conventional consumer brand may seek to persuade people to only make a purchase, a social impact brand strives for more: to create empathy for others, to change personal or group behavior, to spark advocacy, or to make an ongoing financial commitment to a cause.
To do so, social impact brands must be in touch with the human experience to put the beneficiary of impact at the center of the process surrounded by stakeholders and partners to create a brand ecosystem. This process transcends logos, taglines, and even organizational boundaries to ensure that the structure of campaigns, movements, or initiatives is not tethered to one system. Building a social impact brand is everyone’s job within the organization.
With curriculum created and taught from Georgetown University’s Center for Social Impact Communication, the Certificate in Social Impact Branding teaches you how to navigate and map the complexity of this ecosystem through empathy, emotion, and engagement. Through the program, you will gain the tools, connections, and mindset to activate your own role in the process of social impact branding whether you are working inside an organization or company, as a consultant, or have plans to do so in the future.
- Ideal for: Current & aspiring social impact professionals
- Duration: 3 consecutive days
3 consecutive days
- Format: Flex Learning
- Tuition: $2,995
- Semester of Entry: Fall & spring
Semester of Entry
Fall & spring
- Schedule: All day, 3 consecutive days
All day, 3 consecutive days
Testimonials from current students and alumni.
From nonprofits to socially responsible companies, the time is now to recognize the social impact opportunities these brands can have when fully activated through the lens of ethics and justice at the core. Georgetown’s Certificate in Social Impact Branding offers the knowledge, mindset and connections to assist you in doing just that.”John D. Trybus, Georgetown’s Center for Social Impact Communication Social Impact Branding
Upon successful completion of the program, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the types of social brands including corporate purpose brands, nonprofit causes, social movements through both an organizational and individual lens
- Learn how to analyze and strengthen a brand ecosystem that includes diverse stakeholders including beneficiaries, influencers, partners, volunteers and funders
- Apply a signature approach to social impact brand building within your own work
- Reflect upon your personal role as a social impact brand professional, now and into the future