Beginning in Fall 2023, Georgetown SCS will offer the Master’s in Information Technology (IT) Management program. You may enroll in the current Master’s in Technology Management program for Spring 2023, or wait until Fall 2023 to enroll in the revised Master’s in IT Management program. Here we’ve laid out the courses and credits so you can decide which degree is right for you.
|Program Name||Technology Management||IT Management|
|Courses (Credits)||10 (30 credits)||12 (36 credits)|
|Enroll||Application deadline Dec. 1, 2022; final semester of enrollment is Spring 2023||Application opens Dec. 2, 2022; first semester of enrollment is Fall 2023|
|Core Courses (Credits)||2 (6 credits)
||2 (6 credits)
|Foundation Courses (Credits)||3 (9 credits)
||6 (18 credits)
|Electives (Credits) in Subject Areas||5 (15 credits)
||4 (12 credits)
The Technology Management program is available in both an online format and an on-campus format. You can opt to take classes online, on campus, or through a combination of both.
- On-Campus Format: In the on-campus format, classes are held at the same times every week at our downtown D.C. campus.
- Online Format: The online master’s has the same curriculum as the on-campus format and offers access to all of the same University resources. In this format, you’ll be able to watch lectures and complete assignments on your own schedule.
You’ll have the flexibility to earn your degree at a pace that suits your schedule:
- Full-time students typically take 9 credits (3 courses) during the fall and spring semesters.
- Part-time students typically take 3 to 6 credits (1 to 2 courses) during the fall and spring semesters.
- Although students are not required to take credits during the summer semester, they have the option of registering for one or more courses in order to continue their progress year-round.
STEM OPT Extension
This program is eligible for a 24-month Optional Practical Training extension for degrees in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM OPT) for qualified F-1 visa students.
All programs offered by Georgetown University are accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.