To earn an MPS in Technology Management, you must successfully complete 10 courses (30 credits total), including:
- 2 core courses (6 credits total):
- Ethics in Technology Management
- 3 foundation courses (9 credits total):
- Management of Technology
- Systems Requirements
- Financial Analysis for Technology Managers
- 5 elective courses (15 credits total):
- For a current list of electives, visit the Course Schedule page.
You’ll have the flexibility to earn your degree at a pace that suits your schedule—you can take up to 9 credits per semester and have up to five years to complete the degree.
- Full-time students typically take three courses during the fall and spring semesters, and two courses during the summer semester.
- Part-time students typically take one to two courses during the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
The Technology Management program offers five concentrations that enable you to tailor your studies and sharpen your expertise in a particular area of study:
- Health Information Technology: Examine the challenges faced by IT leaders in the healthcare industry.
- Information Security: Explore enterprise security, privacy, information security assessment and management, and cybersecurity.
- Project Management: Study both the practical and theoretical sides of project management for IT professionals.
- Systems Design and Management: Gain a deeper understanding of the processes behind analyzing and designing enterprise-wide systems.
- Comprehensive Track: Select courses from any of our concentrations to design a program that best meets your personal and professional needs.
The Technology Management program is available in both an online format and an on-campus format. You can opt to take classes online, on campus, or through a combination of both.
- On-Campus Format: In the on-campus format, classes are held at the same times every week at our downtown D.C. campus.
- Online Format: The online master’s has the same curriculum as the on-campus format and offers access to all of the same University resources. In this format, you’ll be able to watch lectures and complete assignments on your own schedule.
STEM OPT Extension
This program is eligible for a 24-month Optional Practical Training extension for degrees in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM OPT) for qualified F-1 visa students.
All programs offered by Georgetown University are accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.