Mission & Learning Goals
The Georgetown University Master of Professional Studies in Human Resources Management program educates professionals with the knowledge and analytical skills that will enable them to lead organizational efforts in strategic human resource practices.
Upon successfully completing the MPS in Human Resources Management, you will:
- Explore the core values endemic to the professional world with a particular focus on the connections between applied ethics and human resources and diversity
- Understand the foundations of strategic human resource management, workforce planning and employment, and employee and labor relations
- Define and understand data and information requirements, data normalization, entity relationships, statistical and time-series data analysis, predication, and decision-making strategies
- Develop planning and management strategies based upon environmental analysis, assessment of organizational competencies and weaknesses, and analysis of competitors
- Design a research proposal, objectives of research with specificity and particularity, conduct literature reviews, and assess and implement appropriate research methods based upon project needs