To earn an Online Master's in Integrated Marketing Communications, you must successfully complete 11 courses (33 credits total), including:
- 2 core courses (6 credits total):
- Conversations About Ethics
- 3 foundation courses (9 credits total):
- Consumer Research & Insights
- IMC Campaign Planning
- The Brand Concept
- 6 elective courses (18 credits total):
- For a current list of electives, visit the Course Schedule page.
The Integrated Marketing Communications program is available in both an online format and an on-campus format. You can opt to take classes online, on campus, or through a combination of both.
- On-Campus Format: In the on-campus format, classes are held at the same times every week at our downtown D.C. campus.
- Online Format: The online master’s has the same curriculum as the on-campus format and offers access to all of the same University resources. In this format, you’ll be able to watch lectures and complete assignments on your own schedule.
You’ll have the flexibility to earn your degree at a pace that suits your schedule:
- Full-time students typically take 9 credits (3 courses) during the fall and spring semesters.
- Part-time students typically take 3 to 6 credits (1 to 2 courses) during the fall and spring semesters.
- Although students are not required to take credits during the summer semester, they have the option of registering for one or more courses in order to continue their degree progress year-round.
Connecting with the Industry
Industry ties are an integral part of the Integrated Marketing Communications program and we empower our students to build their networks and expand their skill sets.
Our program is a Silver Sponsor of the Washington, DC chapter of the American Marketing Association. Through this partnership, our students have opportunities to attend events on campus and around the city, where they can deepen their knowledge and make connections.
All programs offered by Georgetown University are accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.