As a student in the Doctor of Liberal Studies program, you’ll join a dedicated community of individuals from all walks of life. Our students seek intellectual fulfillment through the study of social sciences and the humanities and how they apply to contemporary society.
Our students come from a wide variety of industries, bringing with them a number of different academic and professional backgrounds. Students enter the program holding positions such as executives, physicians, attorneys, teachers, military leaders, and government officials across corporate, private, and nonprofit organizations.
Job Titles of students in the program
- Retired Naval Officer
- SVP of large energy corporation
- Co-chair for Advisory Board of nonprofit
- Administrative executive at historic property
- Data visualization expert
- Director of nutrition and wellness
- Director of nonprofit
- Strategic communication leader for U.S. military
- SVP of operations for large pharmaceutical corporation
- Federal law enforcement officer
- CEO, financial institution
Industries/sectors/types of organizations where students are currently employed
- Military and Defense
- International Affairs
- Government/public administration
Average Years of Work Experience: 15 years
The diversity of our student body contributes to an enriching and engaging classroom experience, in which you’ll have the opportunity to learn with—and from—your peers. You’ll study alongside other committed scholars who share a love of lifelong learning as well as a deep interest in developing advanced critical thinking and a deeper understanding of past and present human behavior.