If you're looking to host your next event, select spaces within SCS's 640 Massachusetts Ave. NW building are available for rental. Space requests are reviewed on an individual basis. The School of Continuing Studies and Georgetown University reserve the right to determine if an event is appropriate and consistent with the mission and values of the University.
How Do I Reserve a Space?
If you are an SCS student group, contact your program staff for an events request form.
If you are a Georgetown University group or external client, email Kelly Troxell, senior director of operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following information:
- Organization/department name
- Several event date options, listed in order of priority
- Event overview (event topic, number of attendees, etc.)
- Type of space and capacity
- Catering and A/V needs (please note that catering and A/V coordination are the responsibility of the organization submitting the request)
- Do you anticipate any VIPs to attend?
- Will you have any controversial speakers or topics?
- Do you foresee any threat concerns?
- Will there be a need for additional security?
What Spaces Are Available?
SCS auditorium (capacity: 125)
Classrooms (capacity: 15–60)
Open event space (capacity: please inquire)
What Support is Available?
- Audio/Visual: All classrooms and most other spaces at 640 Massachusetts Ave. NW come equipped with standard audio/visual equipment (i.e., computer, projector, speakers, etc.); organizations requesting use of space are responsible for coordinating additional A/V needs.
- Catering: Organizations requesting use of space are responsible for purchasing and coordinating catering.
- Vendors: Select from a list of SCS-approved A/V equipment and catering vendors.