Learn how to deliver high-impact digital products using the latest human-centered design and agile management techniques.Request Information
Certificate in Product Management
Georgetown's Certificate in Product Management prepares you to build and deliver successful digital products. Built on a foundation of industry best practices, human-centered design, and agile development, our program equips you with the skills and strategies that position you to add value to any organization.
You'll learn from a faculty of leading industry practitioners, who bring real-world examples and expertise into the classroom. By the end of the program, you'll understand how to create a culture that empowers product teams to address user needs and root-cause problems, deliver value quickly through minimum viable products (MVPs), and implement iterative development based on user feedback and data. You’ll leave the program as a more effective, strategic, and confident product manager.
This section has testimonials from current students and alumni.
While project management focuses on managing to a plan, delivering something on-time, and on-budget, product management focuses on delivering the right thing to users based on understanding their real needs. So it doesn't really matter if you deliver on-time and on-budget, if it's the wrong thing.”Kelly O’Connor, Faculty Product Management
Upon successful completion of the certificate, you’ll be able to:
- Differentiate between project management and product management methods
- Apply concepts of Human Centered Design (HCD), Agile, Kanban, and DevOps to deliver digital products
- Define minimum viable product (MVP)
- Lead digital product teams to conduct discovery sprints and user research
- Oversee development of rapid prototypes
- Enable continuous deployment and integration
- Measure and report product outcomes